[geeks] PCI video cards

Tugrul Galatali geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 16 03:07:20 CDT 2001

	I have one of those el cheapo Gateway 6400 systems, and I need some
suggestions on PCI video options. The machine lacks an AGP slot, so everything
I know about video cards just went out the window. Its equipped with 5 run of
the mill 32-bit slots and 2 64-bit 66Mhz slots. What would be the best thing to
throw in this machine to get great 2D/3D? I'm considering a GF2 MX or a PCI
Radeon All-In-Wonder so I can make use of all this hardware capturing the next
Star Trek series (I'm addicted, sue me) Its just that ATI's drivers scare me,
and I wonder if there are any 64-bit PCI options I should take a look at.

	Or maybe it would be best to just stick with a Voodoo3 2000 I have
sitting somewhere around here.

	Its amusing that I can notice the built-in ATI Rage is slower at 2D
than my laptops Geforce2 Go :) Alas it must go back for repairs so the ATI will
have to do for now =P

	Tugrul Galatali *waiting for sub-$100 P3 933s to goto dual operation*