Cray Porn (was Re: [geeks] big mike?)

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 21:48:04 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 08:04:29PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Sounds like what the professor told me during Calculus II - he said it had
> no real use except to get you ready for Calculus III and IV. I couldn't
> imagine that much math, so I dropped out... Of the class, not school - I
> love school!

When I had calc2, the prof made a point of pointing out that taylor and
mclauren series were the whole reason that us CS majors were in the
class.  That was cool, although I kinda had figured that out.

Calc2 was the highest math I was required to take.  I took Calc3 and
linear algebra on my own.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/