Cray Porn (was Re: [geeks] big mike?)

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 22:22:33 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 10:35:06PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Oh, if Chandra was only on this list... ;^P
> (Is "fully loaded E10K your pet name for her? ;^)
>
> When I hear the word "Vector,", my one hand deforms and a saying goes though
> my head:
>
>     "i hat, j hat, and k hat"
>
> And my had starts twitching...
>
> Too much physics, not enough beer...

See, when I learned vectors, they were mostly divorced of all
meaning.  In fact, rather than <i, j, k> we usually used <x1, x2, x3,

When ever I tried to ask about applications for what we learned, I was
told that the professor was a theoretical mathematitian, not an applied
one.  There is a large section of the book on applying it though.  Haven't
really had time to go through it yet.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/