[geeks] News server access

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 22:20:43 CDT 2001

John Duksta wrote:

> ADSL - 2 Wire conditioned line (like ISDN). Also has 18K feet
> limitation. Designed not to be used with repeaters. Line encoding is
> usually DMT.

And now HDSL (High Bit-rate Digital Subscriber Line) - full-duplex
symmetric for up to 2.1Mbps with a line limit of 12K feet over a 4-wire
loop usin pulse amplitude modulation (PAM). It rocks really hard, and
costs about 1/2 what a T1 does. My ISP offers it, but only from their
own POPs, one of which I am unfortunately not close enough to.

---sambo
I can dream, can't I?