roll your own wireless (was [geeks] Roll your own DSL)

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 21:44:12 CDT 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 07:29:05PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> > A couple of years ago, Matt lent me the system to bridge NCGR's two
> > "closer" buildings together while we moved. (What a setup - data center in
> > the new building, fiber to the old building, wireless to the admin
> > building - and it worked!)
>
> Proxim RangeLAN stuff?

Don't think so, I dropped him a note to ask.  It was pretty simple getting
set up, even thought it was 10 years old... 900MHz works fine, we got
50-70K a sec, enough for the CEO to read his Email and web surf...

(Note that Self and staff made sure we were always in the building housing
the T3 internet connection...)

-Pete