[geeks] More DSL

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 15:19:54 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 04:12:43PM -0400, Mike Dombrowski wrote:
> Don't things like Cisco 675s do back to back ADSL? I'm almost positive
> that last time I checked into this modems that were capable were like
> $100 each on Ebay. I've also thought about the VPN route but our cable-
> cable bandwidth is _horrible_ with @Home. Like 8KB/sec max. *Goes off
> fuming about total idiots at phone co, won't give me dry pair"

If it is back to back, can it still really be ADSL?  I'm thinking that
maybe the things reset themselves as SDSL or something like
that.  Whatever, if I have to be 3-4 miles from the place, I'm screwed
since there is nothing worthwile within 3-4 miles of me.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/