[geeks] News server access

James Sharp geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 13:56:24 CDT 2001

> Last time I checked  only pairgain modems would support a back-to-back
> config.  $700 for each modem. $20ish for the dry copper. $wasting time
> talking the teleco into actually giving you dry copper and connecting it.
> getting el-cheapo residential dsl/cable then running some sort of vpn is
> more cost effective.

I'm using a Netopia R7100-C router at home connected to an M7100 modem at
the office.  I get 1.5mbps symmetric.  Mike is using a pair of the
pairgain E1 modems with Ciscos on each end.  McGuire is using a pair of
Telmax WebXpress 2500s as ethernet bridges..2.4mbps there.

Call the phone company and tell them you want a 4wire alarm circuit
between point A and point B.  Use one pair for SDSL and use the other pair
to bring a phone line from the office to your house.  *grin*