[geeks] eek

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 13:51:44 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 02:40:37PM -0400, Zach Malone wrote:
> Just FYI, PC100 and PC133 are backwards compatible to PC66.  In most
> (recent) cases, PC66 memory is really relabled PC100/133 memory.

I know that it is supposed to be that way, but original PC66 memory wasn't
just relabeled, and her mobo can be picky for some reason.

Of course the other question is which is better dual 600mhz intel chips
for 300$ or single 1.2ghz athlon for half the price.  Yetch.  I don't
think I'm likely to get those CPU upgrades for myself anytime soon either
at these prices.

Kinda makes the 180megahertz O2 that I want look sad.  But, for serious
crunching, I can just redirect lintel displays over the net.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/