[geeks] News server access

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 12:51:54 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 01:48:59PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> There have been "hacks" where you take two DSL "modems" and run you rown
> high-speed network over a private twisted pair...

How does that play out in line lengths?  For instance, say friend lives 8
mi away.  Do we need to be within 3 miles of each other, or just both of
us within 3 miles of our phone switch?

Hmm. Looking around, it seems that I'm likely to be charged some
phenominal one time fees, but I'm not actually reading the docs for
verizon in my area, so I could be lucky.  Now, if only I had some place to
run the other end...

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/