[geeks] News server access

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 12:35:52 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 01:38:09PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> DSL "piggybacks" on a POTS line - I think you have to pay extra for a
> dedicated circuit pair for DSL to the house.
>
> I had to install filters on all my phones before DSL was "turned on"...

i have a friend who had verizon dsl.  they piggybacked it on his current phone
line.  he had filters out the ass, and he could STILL hear noise on his 900Mhz
portable phone.

i have covad.  they run a second loop, they don't piggyback it.  i think that
rules, i like not needing filters and all that associated nonsense.

granted covad dsl was more expensive than verizon dsl, but so far, well worth
the extra money.

-brian