[geeks] News server access

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 12:00:02 CDT 2001

> Can be, sure.  But they certainly don't run fibre to your household demark,
> which I think was the discussion.  They can run it over anything they
> want, but they hand you copper.  The 'native' form is usually copper, and the
> drop is almost always copper for a T1, and is always copper for ISDN.  There
> may be a fibre PRI drop that's more popular after I left that biz, but I
> certainly never saw one or heard of one.

to a house? fat chance on the fibre there. :)

to a business that has 24 T1s for phone service?  trust me, you get fibre to
the demark/mux.

as far as runnings Ts over anything, the T1 half.com has at their new location
is actually a DS3 with a T1 chunked out.  course that ended up being a flaming
nightmare, so i'm not going into it (poor choice of service providers)

-brian