[geeks] News server access

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 09:23:41 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 09:47:47AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> "Not suitable" is not the same thing as "Not possible"
> Bill, I suspect most folks with servers hanging off ISDN lines would jump at
> the chance to upgrade to DSL, cablemodem, or T1.

Yes, if any of those options are available.  I installed and setup probably
at least 100 companies with ISDN so they could run their corporate mail
servers and have shared internet access - and this was back in '96-'98.
I suspect a large percentage of them have since upgraded to DSL, but
I betcha there are at least 25% of them still happy with the ISDN
connection as well.

One of my consulting clients only moved to DSL because it was *cheaper*, not
because it was faster..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford