[geeks] super gimp

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 04:46:14 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 04:14:05PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:

> Corel Painter cheats (very well I might add).  But I've seen student
> projects that actually put more effort into doing simulation (although
> they also cheated quite a bit).  Sometime I'm going to make my own paint
> program.  Initially it's job will be to do only things the gimp doesn't,
> or when it does overlap to do it better.  If I can't do it better, then it
> should be left to the gimp to do.

It *should* be possible to do what you want in script-fu (slow) or as a
compiled C plugin for the gimp.  There's certainly no sense in starting
from scratch.  It would certainly be possible to write a brush simulator
plugin - your m4d ideaz about different colour thingies would be harder.

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson