[geeks] News server access

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 18:57:04 CDT 2001

wonko at arkham.ws writes:

>> ISDN can be aggregated by the Telco, IIRC, much nicer than having a wall of
>> analog modems, even very dense, rackmounted modem servers I suspect.

>uhm, you ever hear of a portmaster?  you plug in an ethernet cable, you plug in
>a T1, and you have a modem pool.  very slick.  also doesn't 56k serving stuff
>as well.  neato toys.  woo!  (wish i had one of them babies. :)

I'm getting a 16 port modem rack, just because I want *one* rackmount
modem, and that seems to be the only way to do it.

:-)

(Maybe I'll wire the rest of them into each other and just pipe random
data down them, to keep the lights a' blinkin. Ha ha.)

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-------- If it wasn't for good luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. -------