[geeks] News server access

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 13:43:39 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 02:47:14PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Also, ISDN is routable, meaning I can take my ISDN line and call my ISP,
> call your ISP, call my mother if I want - I can't re-route a T1 by simply
> "dialing" another number. ;^)
>
> With ISDN you are paying for flexibility, with a T1 you are paying for
> speed.

ok, price is a big thing here.  you can't maintain a minimum use T1 for much
less than a couple hundred a month.  but the rest of what you said is all BS.
i can do all those things with a T1 that you can with ISDN, it just takes
slightly pricier hardware to do. (as compared to T1 hardware that can't do it,
not as compared to ISDN hardware, since there is a HUGE price difference between
the two)  not as cheap as ISDN, but still the same capabilites.

-brian