[geeks] Cable vs. DSL debate

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 12:47:38 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 01:50:29PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Also, a Verizon T1 is (I think) $1,500/mo...

depends.  are you getting an internet data T from them?  then probably.  UUnet
will do one for >$1000/month, but that's tiered, but with a pretty reasonable
cap.  i've heard of people getting better prices, but i think they all had
inside deals with the ISP they were using.

a 23 mile T1 run from a reseller (i couldn't get verizon to price me directly,
their sales department doesn't seem to be interested in selling anything) was
going to cost me about $425/month.  that's point to point, not point to ISP.

-brian