[geeks] Just finished a game of Alpha Centauri...

Tugrul Galatali geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 11 23:24:41 CDT 2001

	I'm in the mood to do some light gaming to relax and I've been sorting
through some cds I had lying around. Aside from the silly 5 minute relaxation
games like GTA2, my favorite seems to be Alpha Centauri. But the game has one
significant lacking in my opinion. I want the ability to summon and command
large groups of scattered arms in one fell swoop. Organize fleets/squadrons
and armies dynamically to pursue campaigns and stuff when somebody declares
war on me (I usually don't declare war myself as since I enjoy getting stronger
through trade while the others fight amongst themselves :)

	Any suggestions on a turn based Civ-like game that has stronger
tactical command options? Does Alpha Centauri's expansion pack add features
like DII's expansion did? I haven't bought that yet, but it looks sweet :-)

	I'll also take any suggestions on RTS WarCraft-class games but I tend
to do worse at those :(

	Tugrul Galatali