[geeks] super-mega cpu deal

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 11:11:59 CDT 2001

Brian,

What are you talking about?

300 MHz CPUs work as designed - this is a CPU that shipped with the Ultra
2/30.

The 400 MHz CPUs appear to work, though not "supported" (I have seen
reference to Sun documents that tell how to tell if a given Ultra 2 will
support 400 MHz CPUs).

The 360 MHz CPUs are not supported in either the Ultra 2 or Ultra 30.

Ken