rezoomes Re: [geeks] motorolla powerstack?

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 22:36:23 CDT 2001

> I'm not cool. I'm sick of morons e-mailing me at random asking me to move
> Manhattan for a $50k/yr jr. NT sysadmin gig.

The last recruiter to call me wanted to know if I would move to Hartford for
a 45K/yr Unix sysadmin job at a huge firm.   I think I told him to go fsck
himself before hanging up.

Another recruiter I talked to balked when I said that I wouldn't accept
anything less than $75 per hour for a 3 month contract job an hour's commute
from my house.  He asked if I would accept $35 an hour - thhhppplt!  I tried
to explain why my rate was so high - years of experience, no benefits in
contract work, instability of contract work, so on, and so forth.  He didn't
get it.  When he found out I was the Systems Director for a local company he
called and asked if he could me find "qualified personnel".  I told him to
kiss off.

I've never found a job through a recruiter...

Kurt