[geeks] Three heads

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 14:49:35 CDT 2001

>Almost anytime the word social is used I get scared (unless it proceeded
>by the words ice cream).  I believe that people are currupt enough that
>those who have the ability to gain power are most often the least
>qualified for the job.  Further, I think that people tend to think in the
>short term rather than the long term.

One of the reasons I think the scandinavian social democracies work so well
is that, as you mention later, they have low enough populations to avoid
most of the problems we have.

>What got you disabled?  Vietnam?  Other peace keeping mission?  Or are you
>older than I'm guessing, or am I just way off? Just curious.

Nah, I'm not *that* old! Gulf War, where some of us managed to pick up
strange yucky illnesses. Mine isn't bad, really. I go to the emergency room
once a year when my lings try and divorce me and I occasionally have
some odd digestive reversals and skin rashes no one can diagnose. It's more
an annoyance than a disability, I guess. (Damn them! I had orders to Bahrain
when they booted me for this crap!)

Back on topic, though- I am not certain about the corporations. I like the
idea of corporate democracies, where the *only* shareholders are employees or
retired employees. I know the details get complicated, but the idea of finding
a company to work with that doesn't yank my job without thinking to increase
temporary share value for some nameless person I've never met is nice.....

-Christof