[geeks] Drooogs and regulations (was Three heads)

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 7 17:31:19 CDT 2001

My former employer (Bellcore/Telcordia) was trying to
really break into the european market, so they felt
they needed to get ISO 9001 certification - it took
years, at huge expense, but the *huge* european market
never really opened up to them...

Hmm, maybe it wasn't the certification holding them
back...

Ken

--- David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:40:20PM -0400, Jonathan
> Katz wrote:
> > Ken wrote:
> > > Well, the FDA won't tell youwhat the answer is,
> they just tell you what is
> > > needed, in vauge answers...
> >
> > Indeed! It all boils down to the following
> corollary:
> >
> > Document what you do.
> > Do what you document.
>
> aka ISO 900[012].
>
> ISO 9000 is great.  Slap your accreditation on all
> your literature and
> people will think you're god's gift to
> manufacturing.  What ISO 9000
> accreditation means is that if 90% of your output is
> crap, then you
> *document* that 90% of your output is crap.  Bah.
>
> Me?  Cynical about a former employer?  Surely not!
>
> --
> David Cantrell | david at cantrell.org.uk |
> http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david
>
>    Educating this luser would be something to
> frustrate even the
>    unflappable Yoda and make him jam a lightsaber up
> his arse
>    while screaming "praise evil, the Dark Side is
> your friend!".
>                               -- Derek Balling, in
> the Monastery

=====