[geeks] Three heads

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 7 16:58:24 CDT 2001

Frame is a great way to work on large, structured
documents.

Frame was designed, from the ground up to handle huge
documents. The folks that use Frame will continue to
use Frame until either:

   Adobe tires of collecting maint. $$ from the users

or

   SOmething better comes along

I don't see either happening in the forseeable future.

Did you know theat O'Reilly even had a Frame book?
(it appears to be discontinued)

Ken

--- joshua d boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:38:13PM -0400, Ken Hansen
> wrote:
> > Big documents *really want* to be done in
> Framemaker.
> >
> > I'm getting a copy from James any day now, and can
> hardly wait - I currently
> > work on 100+ page documents regularly in MS Word,
> and with out
> > care/training, even that is a challenge...
>
> I've never used Framemaker, and I think that it is
> increasingly likely
> that I might never.  Adobe doesn't seem to want to
> keep it alive.
>
> I do like Latex though.
>
> --
> Joshua D. Boyd