[geeks] Free Macs

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 5 11:35:48 CDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 10:04:20AM -0400, s at avoidant.org wrote:

> I've got 12 of them, no idea what denomination, though fro some reason
> 2M springs to mind.

hmmmm.

> They're slightly longer than simms, though not quite the size of dimms.
> 9 chips on each side with another, smaller, chip turned the other way
> seperating 5 on one side and 4 on the other, like so:

hmm, sounds like /125 or /133 memory.  i'll grab them if you don't want to keep
them, i think there may be free slots in the /125 and /133 boxes i have.

> d|g|i|t|a|l, but "DATARAM" and "front " and "back" instead of "side1"

yeah, dataram was a third party memory maker.

> Yes, I'm interested in a mac. Anything upgradeable to a G3. Pickup is
> possible, though if you're on your way to Dave M's house I'd rather meet
> you there.

well, they are only indirectly upgradable to G3, you would need to upgrade
the mobo to a 5400 or a 5500 machine and then you would be able to upgrade
to a G3 from there.  good like finding a 5x00 mobo fof it though, you are
probably best off looking for something else.  i'll bring one if you're still
interested though.

-brian