[geeks] Favorite mailer

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 14:59:20 CDT 2001

> > Emacs.

> is he allowed to say that?  isn't that on the fringe since holy editor=
=20
wars
> are against the rules?=20

Nah, not since I started arguing that vi is an editor and emacs is the=20
original (and IMO, only decent) IWE. Staroffice (which I'm using atm=20
while I build new emacs stuff. I took it apart and broke it :) ) and MS =

office and WP and etc just don't cut it. I have the option of at least 8=
=20
mail/news clients, what amounts to 10 and more different editors, etc.=20

People seem to miss that MS didn't invent the concept of an Integrated=20
Work Environment.....

-Christof

I do use vi, though I prefer to stay in emacs. They are different tools,=
=20
with different strengths (like 9600 serial connections on a 40mhz=20
terminal laptop- I choose vi)