[geeks] Favorite mailer

Greg A. Woods geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 14:58:08 CDT 2001

[ On Friday, August 3, 2001 at 15:00:29 (-0500), Dan Debertin wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Favorite mailer
>
> On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 koyote at koyote.cx wrote:
>
> > I must say it.
> >
> > Emacs.
>
> I've been meaning to try an Emacs-based mailer for some time. I need
> pop/IMAP support, as well as GPG, so RMAIL doesn't do the job. What do you
> use?

I think my original posting must have been the one that the moderator
accidentally got stuck with, but I had said (as it says in every one of
my postings):

Find it at ftp://ftp.uu.net/networking/mail/vm/ with a web page at
http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/

I used to use mailx, then mush, but I've never turned back.

Note it works better for some MIME-ish things in X-Emacs under X11
(X-Emacs doesn't have to be used on X11 though).

(And no, I don't think GNU Emacs 21 has been release yet, and no I don't
know anything about when it might be released either.)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>