[geeks] Favorite mailer

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 11:10:58 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:07:46PM -0400, Big Endian wrote:
> I'm looking for a new mailer.  I'd like to hear options on both text
> (pine vs mutt) and graphical (something similar to eudora which I use
> now).  Does anybody use X11 based mailers?  I do most of my work in
> xterms so even if its text I don't mind because I can cut and paste
> urls into browsers,etc.

i have yet to meet a GUI mail program that doesn't blow chunks.  come are better
that others, but the best ones still suck.

as far as pine vs. mutt, mutt can be made to look/feel like pine, so it's really
up to you.  mutt does pop and imap and a SLEW of other fancy tricks that i
haven't even started to play with yet (ex elm user here) so it might be worth
your time (never used pine, don't know what it's abilities are)

-brian