[geeks] Metropolis

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 16:29:29 CDT 2001

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>This movie has it's moments.  However, I found the constant flashing
>(symptomatic of many really old movies I've found) to induce head

I wonder if that would go away watching it on film.

>pain.  Also, I found all the "talking" really wierd.  I think, if I can't
>hear them talking, then I don't really want to see it.  Also, I got bored
>of the sound track quickly, and halfway through finished it on mute.

>Now, I'm thinking that a restoration work (fixing the flashing, the
>streaking, the missed frames, etc) would help tremendously, even if some
>people would consider it a heresy.

To add to the confusion, there's about a half dozen versions with
minor editing differences. There's a FAQ somewhere.

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-------- If it wasn't for good luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. -------