[geeks] I took the Irish job, Geek party tonight in Union Cit y, CA

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 27 14:49:53 CDT 2001

My understanding is that Ireland is a great environment (work, social, etc.), and except for lingering problems between north and south (which I am not interested in discussing, here especially), an all around great place to live.

It is my understanding that an interesting social role-reversal has taken place in Ireland - where it used to be that Irish men would migrate to England and take the manual labor work others weren't interested in, now it is the ENglish how migrate to Ireland to do the manual labor, while the Irish get the good jobs.

The Irish economy is on an upswing, and I think many good things will happen to you, as a result of taking this cahnce in an unfamiliar territory.

Good luck, and, of course, keep in touch!

Ken