[geeks] Messy desks.

amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 10 20:34:44 CDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Chris Byrne wrote:

> Funny, trhat looks like my wifes desk. The reason I moved my main computers
> into the bedroom was because my  wifes are of our office slowly took over
> the whole room. And since my wife is an artist, I not only have to worry
> about dozens of half drunk soda cans,  but containers of pain, varnish,
> thinner etc.. in various states of being. It's a hazardous environment let
> me tell you. Any my wife likes to spread out. Evey inch of desk r shelf
> space is covered, along with most of the floow minus a small area sround the
> dek (for her chair) the door (so it can close) and the tv (so she an watch
> MTV and wrestling)

most of those coke cans are indeed half-full. i refuse to drink a warm
coke. also on that desk--easily identifiable, anyways--are a ring saw (for
cutting glass. metal, and marble), sheets of stained glass in various
sizes, a spatula from williams-sonoma, a purse, clothing, tissue paper for
wrapping projects and shipping them, a chickfila cup/ashtray, 39 coke
cans, 2 pizza boxes and a dozen roses. not in immediate view is also my
21" monitor and keyboard/mouse and probably a few more coke cans and
assorted crap.

right *now* on my desk is 7 cups, 5 coke cans, 2 pringles containers, 5
packs of cigarettes, one ashtray shaped like a turtle and the usual
computer crap. thats two days worth of accumulation. :)

--a