[geeks] RE: [SunRescue] OT: CA: It's Our Turn

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 05:26:05 CDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 04:38:41PM -0700, Cyrus M. Reed wrote:

> [snip pro-metric stuff]
>
>                Of course I have known about the metric system for quite a
> while and use it everyday in my field of study (Physics), so I'm as biased
> as anyone. :)  The Imperial system is just too unwieldy for any sort of
> number crunching, and I've *never* understood the odd conversion factors.

Like I said, I use metric whenever I'm "doing science", as it certainly
makes far more sense for that.

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **