[Packrats] Re: [geeks] My apologies...

Hatle, Steven J. geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 3 11:02:04 CDT 2001

You know, it sucks to get laid off- it also sucks to be left behind after a
lot of other people have been whacked. I know, I've been in both positions.

You can delete/confuse/confound any number of systems and processes on your
way out, and it might even make you feel better, but you aren't hurting the
guy in the office who pulled the trigger on you, you are hurting the people
who have to figure it all out after you are gone, and is probably a
co-worker of yours that you might even have liked, or at least not actively
hated.

Call it "karma", call it "not burning bridges", call it "being a better
person". I get the sense that you are jesting for the most part. I hope so.
Smile on your way out; you'll probably get a better job, and mark it all
down to "life experience" and don't look back.

Soapbox mode "off" <grin>