Ahhh High School, was RE: [geeks] A favor concerning my dog

Mike Nicewonger geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 17:59:07 CDT 2001

> Chris Byrne wrote:
>
> > I went and had a great time reminiscing with the teachers I loved, and
then
> > took out my pay check, pinned it to my chest like a name badge, and went
and
> > visited the teachers I hated.
> >
> > I admit it was chilidish, and petty, but man it felt good.

Cool :) What I thought was cool was a few years after my escape (or was that
release?) from HS the principal (who was one of thode self rigthious pompas
assholes) got fired for miss appropriation of funds from the school band.
One day I bop into my favorite auto parts store to buy some widget, bear in
mind by this time I owned my own auto repair business and towing company
with several employees and 4 tow trucks, and saw the principal (Edward)
standing there behind the counter. Much to my glee, since I bought thousands
of dollars in parts in this store, I proceeded to give him a hard time over
everything, such fun that was. This is the same guy who said I would never
amount to anything. My parting words that day were "Ed see to it that stuff
gets put into my truck while I go next door to pick something up. It's the
shiney new $50,000 tow truck, it case you didn't know." Childish? You
betcha, satisfying? Fsck yes!

Paybacks are a Mothe. ......

> > I didn't hate high school because of the kids, or because of the
teasing, or
> > any of the other reasons most geeks give. I hated high school because it
was
> > an institution dedicated to crushing my intelligence and individuality
into
> > the same mold as all the other automatons who memorized their textbooks
and
> > lecture notes. I got out as soon as possible by testing out as a junior
and
> > heading straight on to college.

I too hated HS for the same reasons many geeks do. The teasing (my last name
should be all the explaination you need to understand that) the other thing
is what Chris said. the idea I would be another lemming in the log line of
teacher butt kissing lemmings was more than I could deal with. If I wanted a
lobotomy I would have it done the quick way. Thank god I got a work
experience (or was that work release?) job my senior year. I would have had
to quit it I didn't.

Still don't understand how I got away from computers and electronics and
into the gearhead world. I owned my towing company for over 10 years before
I had enough. Anyway, I have refound my inner geek and am now very happy.

Mike N