[SunHELP] SS20 Solaris 7 boot issue

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Mon Jan 23 17:35:25 CST 2017

Hello Mark,

I have the same comments Peter had.  I was just looking at Wikipedia, and
multiple articles seem to suggest your box should be good for Solaris 2.3 thru
Solaris 9.

Is there a special reason you need to run Solaris 7?  My recollection was that
it did not bring that much to the table.

2.6 was pretty stable, and I ran it on a lot of equipment for quite a long time,
back in the day.  OTOH, If I were wanting/needing some newer features (i.e.
IPv6), I would probably look towards Solaris 8.

It is also mentioned that Solaris 9 should run, but Solaris 9 was not my
favorite.  I'm a OpenWin fan on one hand, and, even if I wasn't, I can't imagine
that CDE would be especially pleasant on a Sparc Station 20.

Do you have other media?  Either for Solaris 7 or for other Solaris versions?

Jerry