[SunHELP] Sorry abou that outage

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Aug 30 15:21:56 CDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 03:00:10PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
>just idle curiousity - dsl and/or ftth not available or too expensive?

DSL would be ATT Uverse.  I had them when they first rolled UVerse out to this
area.  When I switched from colo to hosting things at home (due to $$$), they
only offered 18Mbps and would have required me to do 1-to-1 NAT on a crappy
2Wire-brand gateway.  Comcast gives me Ethernet handoff straight out of the
back of a commercial-grade modem/router.

Plus, I refuse to give ATT any of my business in any fashion, these days.

House is from '57, nobody's built us FTTH yet here.  Comcast Biz is my best/
only option for a connection with decent speed.  I've been running stuff from
home for 6-7 years now with very little problems.  No caps, no throttles,
no filtering - I get 50 down/10up for $160/month with five static IPs.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas USA