[SunHELP] old HPNPL (JetDirect Printer Installer for Unix) and Solaris 11.x

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Wed Sep 24 13:50:08 CDT 2014

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014, Richie wrote:

> I will be moving to Solaris 11.2 once new sparc hardware arrives. Current
> equipment is all Solaris 10.
>
> I have used HP's print software package HPNPL (filename SOLe134.PKG) for
> years because its net_lj4x model script works for all of our installed HP
> printers and meets our needs fine.  I'm am curious if any of you have either
> continued/attempted to use this old software or switched to use something
> else.  We personally do not require any extended printer features and the
> ease of administration has been nice.

    I've use this for years on my Solaris 9 and older systems.

    I'm getting ready to move to Solaris 11 and uses cups so
it should be pretty simple to setup all kinds of printers, not
just HP's.

    I was just skimming the printer part of my Solaris 11
book yesterday...

Barry Keeney
Chaos Consulting
email barryk at chaoscon.com

"Atheist: A person who doesn't need imaginary friends"

"Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."

"MicroSoft Windows - Running our defences until they all bluescreen during the Cylon attack..."