[SunHELP] Power-on settings

David Strom dstrom at ciesin.columbia.edu
Wed Feb 12 12:08:43 CST 2014

Got an answer from Oracle community...

it was the scadm command I did not recall/could not find.

(from Sun/Oracle article)
2. To set the variables with scadm while in Solaris OS:
(from directory /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-VXX0/sbin - MUST be run as root)

        # scadm set sc_powerstatememory true # scadm set sc_powerondelay
true

...  What this does, if power gets suddenly turned of, the server
returns to the state it was in when power removed... started or not.
And, if auto-boot? is true, then it will boot.  When power comes back
on, without pushing the start button.  If you do OBP power-off, then it
won't start up, I believe.

--
Dave