[SunHELP] SunOS4/IPC: Change mac

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sat Dec 20 20:23:06 CST 2014

one should be able to set this with eeprom(1m) at boot time too.

to my recollection, there was also a bit of freeware - for sunos4 at
least - that intercepted the kernel mac call and substituted whatever
mac one wished.

ah!  http://www.squirrel.com/sun-stuff/change-sun-hostid.tar.gz
http://www.buildmonkey.com/download/hostid.tar.gz for solaris2 8-10 at
least.
see http://www.squirrel.com/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html

" From: Peter Stokes <peter at ashlyn.co.uk>
"
" Hi
"
" At OBP
"
" 80 1 mkp
" 8 0 20 c0 ff ee c0ffee mkpl
" Ctrl D
" Ctrl R
"
" That should sort it, just substitute your value for c0 ff ee
"
" Peter
"
"