[SunHELP] Is this supposed to be happening?

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Wed Jan 2 02:46:50 CST 2013

It looks like 192.168.something is reachable from my LAN. This would be ok,
except I get the intranet of my link provider, not my own LAN. Aren't they
suppose to isolate this somehow?

Aside from any security issue (for them) which I personally don't care
about, is this normal? Will it give me problems if I try to use that subnet
on my own LAN at some point? I thought that network was supposed to be
local, whatever that means, so I was suprised when I traceroute it that I
see it hopping through my link provider. Certain addresses respond to
pings. This might explain why I couldn't use this address range before when
I tried to put my server network management on that net instead of my usual
10. that I use for the rest of my LAN.

Thanks and happy new year again to everyone.