[SunHELP] Solaris 10 1/13 available!

Brian Richman bjrichus at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 22:29:50 CST 2013

>From the download page at:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris10/downloads/index.ht
ml

"You must accept the OTN License Agreement for Oracle Solaris to download
this software. Production use of Oracle Solaris requires a support contract."
This is the link to the license you have to agree to:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/licenses/solaris-cluster-express-license-16
7852.html

I was able to view it without signing into my OTN or support
account.

This year is the LAST YEAR at work we will be signing support
contract agreements with Oracle for any substantial amounts of Solaris
servers. Our objective is to end use of Solaris on all our DBMS servers by the
end of Q3 - we have already moved our main application servers to Red Hat
Linux and we expect to only have less than a dozen Solaris machines left when
all is done by about this Christmas. If you want some perspective, we used to
have over 200 Sun machines (I deliberately used "Sun" not Oracle), including
four 6800 servers.

How times change.