[SunHELP] Changing hard drives SunOS 4.1.1 Sun4c

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Apr 16 13:25:09 CDT 2013

please keep the subject line on-topic.

" From: Fredric QJ Bl=E5holtz <e5frog at gmail.com>
"
" []
"
" I'm trying to find another working 2GB SCSI disk at an affordable price,
" some people are trying to sell used disks for as much as $250 which is a
" bit much. The one I currently use as an internal drive cost $4.90 plus
" shipping. Something around $20 or so would be fine and normal shipping
" rates - not some DHL express for $110 or similar...

you don't need to match the drive exactly - look for a 2G -or-bigger-
with 50pin commector, or you could use sca with cable adaptor.

there's no reason why you couldn't ultimately merge your boot disk and
external disk onto a single 4G or larger internal.