[SunHELP] Changing hard drives SunOS 4.1.1 Sun4c

Brad Walker bwalker at musings.com
Sun Apr 14 19:30:08 CDT 2013

SunOS 4.1.1 only support 32 bit filesystems. Therefore your partition sizes
can't exceed 4GB in size. I would partition this into a 3GB root, 512MB
swap, 1 GB /usr, and 3.5 GB /opt. Or something like this.

Then then "dump | restore xfi -" from the old disk to the new one should
make it work.

But, your problem boils down to a the 32 bit filesystem limit.

-brad w.