[SunHELP] Solaris 10 incremental upgrade vs larger jump

Richie listmail at triad.rr.com
Tue Sep 18 09:49:53 CDT 2012

A few years ago I installed 8/07 U4 on several Sun boxes.  Most of them
were liveupgraded to Solaris 10 9/10 U9 since then, but that project was
never finished.

I am now looking at putting them all at Solaris 10 08/11 U10 + latest
recommended.

To save time can I simply liveupgrade both the U4 and U9 installs
directly to U10 or if I want the installs to be closer in sync with each
other (as far as installed packages/patches, etc), should I technically
bring the U4 installs to U9 first then go to U10?

TIA.

As far as Solaris 11, we have a number of unsupported boxes (Sunfire
4800, V880, V445's).