[SunHELP] EOSL

Werth, Dave dave.werth at garmin.com
Tue Feb 7 15:54:47 CST 2012

We have been informed that the EOSL (End of Service Life?) for our E450 will
be 12/31/2012 and the EOSL for our Storedge A1000 will be 9/30/2012.  We would
like to continue to use these devices for 2-3 more years before we retire
them.  We are running an old ERP system on Solaris 7.1 and Oracle 8i and we'll
be upgraded to our parent companies system sometime in the 2-3 year time
frame.  Because of constraints from the ERP system we can't upgrade either
Solaris or Oracle.

What other options besides self support would we have to keep these boxes
running?  One thing of particular concern is the cache battery in the A1000
which expires every 2 years.  When it does the performance goes to hell.

Thanks, Dave

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.