[SunHELP] SATA 2.5" disks in a T1000

Brad Walker bwalker at musings.com
Thu Aug 23 18:10:06 CDT 2012

They should work with no problem.

Over the years that I have worked at different storage companies, I
always was amazed at the esoteric bugs that were found. 99% of the
bugs were boundary cases that only happened in under weird conditions.
And for those cases, disk drive vendors would update the firmware for
the computer vendor. Hence, the special firmware. The disk drive
vendors have a different timeline for drive firmware than do most
computer vendors.

But, for 99% of the people out there, the SATA drives will work just fine.

I'll let you know next week when I get a chance to upgrade my 73GB SAS
drives with SATA ones in my home T2000.

-brad w.