[SunHELP] Can login in single-user mode - can't in regular - could use a nudge

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Tue Oct 25 02:54:50 CDT 2011

Hi,

It's late, I'm tired. I've got a production problem and could use a nudge.

V240.
Solaris 10.

DMZ host, running three non-global zones.  Call from service desk "FTP isn't
working".

SSH connection - hangs.
Login through SC, issue 'console -f'.  I can login but am not returned to
shell - it hangs.

Issue break, bring it up in single-user mode.  Disk space looks tight but ok.
Restart, same issue as above.

I've set all three non-global autoboot=false, same problem.

>From another Solaris host I ssh ...

# ssh brian.dunbar.admin at hostname
Server had a GSS-API error; the connection will close (458752/2):
No credentials were supplied, or the credentials were unavailable or
inaccessible
No such file or directory

Use the GssKeyEx option to disable GSS-API key exchange and try again.
Disconnecting: The server had a GSS-API error during GSS-API protected SSHv2
key exchange

So perhaps I do have a disk space problem?

# zpool list
NAME    SIZE   USED  AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
rpool  33.8G  28.8G  4.97G    85%  ONLINE  -

Which is tight but should be okay.

I'm missing something.   Comments welcome.  Maybe someone could airdrop some
coffee while they're at it.

Brian Dunbar
Systems Administrator - IT
920.751.3364 (Direct)