[SunHELP] Where to buy Sun PSU fans?

Vintage Coder vintagecoder at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 01:29:21 CDT 2011

Yeah, I mentioned I don't have a right angle screwdriver to get in there and pull out the PSU so I can get at the fans.

I posted my question because I found a few discussions online where people asked about this and either got no answer or got a "no" you can't replace the fans. Since they are mounted out in the open and look like the bulkhead fans I don't understand why they should be hard to source.

These are my first Sun boxes so I asked on here in case anyone know definitively one way or another.

I'm sure where you live you can pick up a replacement server and parts without difficulty. It was a miracle that I found these at all. If I have to order a server from ebay it will cost me $500 or more just to ship. As far as I can tell, the PSUs are good. I just need fans.

If anybody has done this swap, or knows where to get the fans, I'm all ears. Otherwise I guess we can get on to new business. Thanks guys.