[SunHELP] Limiting CPUs in Solaris 10 non-global zones

Ronald Gilchrist unixrescue at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:30:16 CST 2010

Hi All,

I'm looking at Solaris 10 Zones, and was wondering if it's possible to
limit the number of 'CPUs' available to a container.

I have a Solaris 9 environment running Ingres which I need to move to
supported hardware, and was considering making a snapshot of my
current system and putting it in a Solaris 9 container under Solaris
10. Would Ingres see all 4 cores in the new box, or can I restrict the
cpu resources available to the container so that Ingres can only see,
at most, 2 cores?

Thanks.