[SunHELP] firefox printing on solaris 10

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Mar 10 13:01:50 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Martin Frost wrote:
>> I haven't tried with xprint, but I've had printing working in the past
>> just using lp or lpr.
>
> That.  Apparently Firefox really likes to see CUPS, but it'll work just
> fine with lp/lpr, lprNG, pretty much anything.  (I'm running lprNG right
> now.)

Thanks guys!  I think I see the problem now.  Printing didn't work so I
thought that I had to install xprint which used to be required for
Solaris 8 or 9 (not too sure about this, but that's what I remember)?!?
But, that was not the problem.  The default for print.postscript.enabled
was false which I changed to true.  However, with xprint it still
doesn't work.  With xprint off, it's working now.

Thanks,

Rodney