[SunHELP] firefox printing on solaris 10

Martin Frost martin at omniconsumerproducts.com
Mon Mar 10 11:37:35 CDT 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Rodney Sparapani wrote:

> I'm having a problem with printing under Solaris 10 from firefox 2.0.0.12
> with xprint 009-001.  I have about:config print.print_printer set to colorjet
> and print.postscript.enabled set to true.  The error message is:
> colorjet: unknown printer

Have a look in your prefs.js (under ~/.mozilla/firefox/<something>) to see
if "colorjet" exists as a known printer. Normally, you should have
something like:

user_pref("print.print_printer", "colorjet");

and then a whole load of:

user_pref("print.printer_colorjet.<name>", <value>);

If the latter entries are missing, or are only present for some printer
other than "colorjet", that is probably your problem.

Otherwise, it could be that your print_command is being passed the printer
name (in the $MOZ_PRINTER_NAME environment variable), and doesn't
recognise it.

I haven't tried with xprint, but I've had printing working in the past
just using lp or lpr.

Martin