[SunHELP] Sirius Internet Radio on Solaris/SPARC 9/10

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Jan 4 11:45:46 CST 2008

Rodney Sparapani wrote:

> Ok, one last try.  I can't seem to get the plug-in to compile.  But, it
> gave me a hint.  It requires Mozilla rather than Firefox.  So, I used
> blastwave to install it.  Then, without installing the plugin, you can
> log on to Sirius radio and press play.  However, you can't hear it.
> The readout appears to suggest that you are logged in and it is playing,
> but no audio.  Other applications can play sounds...
>
> Rodney

Weird.  I just discovered that Mozilla is dead and Seamonkey is what it
is called now (I thought that was something else).  Anyways, with
Seamonkey installed and mplayer and VLC, etc. it is a little bit better.
  You play the music and instead of the message "waiting for
sirius.com", I get something like:
javascript:myPlayer.Channel('cathowardstern','Howard100','...stern100',
'index.html','904fb9e635e7c65b1548f8f3ae9df4fee')

So, that should be good except there is no sound?!?  I found out about
MozPlugger, but that's source so I guess I'll look into that next.

Rodney